Thursday, July 30, 2009

Free Food

There are few perks in being a corporate drone. These are: steady paycheck, health benefits, the occasional free meal.

Today I have gotten lots of free food: tomatoes, peaches, a watermelon, and a free lunch.

Some days are kind of completely amazing. The peaches are genuine Calhoun peaches, the most delicious things ever. The tomatoes and watermelon are home grown from a co-worker.

We also got our shirts in today for all of the events we will be doing over the next month or so. They look amazing and I'll be taking one home with me tonight to wear this weekend.

I heart free stuff.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really miss free stuff. When I worked for that book wholesaler, I got free books all the time. Can you imagine how awesome that was? Maybe I shouldn't have quit that job, ha.

Callie said...

You worked for a book wholesaler and you quit!?! Oh Outpost, how could you? You totally had my dream job.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, it was pretty sweet at first. But they were really a crappy company to work for. I put in a couple years, and by the time we moved to Florida, I couldn't wait to be done with them.

I got massive amounts of free books, though. Like, tons. I still haven't read most of them.

alantru said...

I've never once gotten anything free at work. Except heartache. I get that all the time at no cost. ;)

Callie said...

Poor Alan! I'll send you a free shirt, you'll love it.

In fact - FREE SHIRTS FOR EVERYONE!!

Post a Comment