Thursday, July 2, 2009

Creepy Dan

To continue on with my horrendous dating history I give you Dan.

Dan is a nice guy, a complete dork, but that kind of turns me on. What can I say, I'm easy. I met Dan in the basement of our Public Administration building. Dan drops his books. I help pick them up.

Are we seeing a pattern here folks? Callie sees someone who needs help, Callie helps, Callie gets trapped into an awkward conversation and an unwanted date.

I give Dan my number, he seems normal. He calls me that night, we meet in the outside picnic area on campus. He pulls out his wallet and proceeds to show me pictures of his 12 cats. They are all professionally done.

I get out of that situation as quickly as I can. I avoid Dan's calls. (As you can see I'm AWESOME and confronting any type of situation head on) Dan stops calling. I feel relief.

I'm working at the dorm cafe one night and a co-worker (Emily for clarity's sake) comes to the back storeroom and tells me someone wants to see me. I go out.

There is Dan - with more pictures of his cats. I like cats, I really do. In fact I have two. I do not like cats enough to have professional portraits done of them and then carry them around with me. I give Dan an awkward smile and tell him they are wonderful.

Emily tells Dan that he's creepy and weird and he needs to leave, especially as he shouldn't have been able to get into our card-swipe in only dormitory.

Dan leaves. I hug Emily.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow. Twelve cats? Twelve? Were these pictures taken in a portrait studio? That's so damn creepy.

How the hell did he get into the dorm? That bothers me even more than the cat thing.

alantru said...

Poor Dan,

Hope he’s happy being single. I see it as an ongoing theme in his life.

Still, what he’s desperately lacking in social skills, he more than seems to be compensating for with well groomed cats. I’m not saying it’s a fair trade. Just looking to find the sunny side of Dan. He needs to find a crazy cat lady. The sooner the better.

Callie said...

Outpost - they were definately portrait studio pictures. It was weird, very very weird.

The only way I can figure that he got in was behind some unsuspecting co-ed. Sometimes we would swipe in and hold the door open for others to be polite.

That stopped for most of us after the first door-to-door salesman got in and started waking us up at 6:00 in the morning. However, some continued to be polite, thereby letting in creepy stalkers and people selling shit.

KateC said...

That's INSANE! 12 cats? Professional photos?

And I know what you mean about polite dorm girls. It's hard to slam the door in someone's face, and that's how the creepsters get in.

Callie said...

Alan - I totally agree with you, I hope by now he's found the cat lady of his dreams and they live happily together surrounded by mounds of fur, cheap kitty litter, and kibble. Dream big Dan, dream big.

@ Kate - It's kind of funny though, the girls that were polite enough to let other people in behind them were also the girls who ran screaming through the halls at 4 in the morning or pulled fire alarms the night before finals. Maybe they were intentionally letting creepers in . . .

Post a Comment