Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Christmas Parties

Are inherently awkward.

There I said it, that thing that everyone always thinks but never says because anything that has "party" in the title should be fun, right?

Wrong. Christmas parties are just rife (ripe? what's the correct phrase? I just googled it and both could work, but rife fits better. I win) with opportunities to make everyone uncomfortable and get your invitation for next year revoked.

There are three types of Christmas parties, each one with it's own unique set of rules, expectations and traumatic ways to go wrong: Family Christmas, Friends Christmas, and Office Christmas.

Lets Discuss these in the following posts, shall we?

2 comments:

That Kind of Girl said...

Oh man, I couldn't agree with you more! I just went to my sister's roommate's parents' holiday party and, I mean, it was about as awkward as it sounds. Especially once I noticed the Ronald Reagan calendar on the wall and told them I loved their sense of humor. Turns out it wasn't ironic. Whoops!

Callie said...

Definitely awkward. The parties for a friend of a friend get the award for most cringe-worthy social gatherings. So many ways to embarrass yourself.

Post a Comment