Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Office Contests

I won an office contest last week. Everyone turned in pictures of themselves from 1984. Then these pictures were circulated and we had to guess who was who.

I was born in 1985 so I felt left out. I offered to give them a picture of a spermatozoa but the contest coordinator felt that the picture would be inappropriate.

They did let me make guesses though and I have to say I totally kicked ass. There were only five people who got them all right. They drew names for the prizes and I got a Rubik cube.

I hate Rubik cubes. I've never even come close to completing one and I've never had any desire to really try. I did, however, decide to display it on my desk space with pride.

Someone has been messing with my Rubik cube.

They keep mixing the colors! The colors need to match.

I don't even want to imagine the carnage that will await me when I get back from vacation next Monday. Blue, green, white, yellow, red, orange, mixed together all willy-nilly.



What if they start messing with Louie the Lightning Bug! Oh the humanity! These people obviously have no moral compass.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

If they mess with your Rubik Cube, you can send it to me and I'll fix it right up. I once spent a month perfecting the art of solving the Rubik Cube. 'Cause I'm a nerd like that.

Callie said...

Shannon, do you promise? I may need your talents when I come back next week. It's driving me crazy. Which is ridiculous I know, but it still bothers me.

<-- weirdo

Anonymous said...

I promise! I love you and all your OCD oddities. ♥

KateC said...

Outpost! You're amazing! I had a friend (a math teacher) who once spent a year as a street performer in San Francisco. His thing? Solving the cube in less than a minute. He'd let you mess it up, then solve it, and if he couldn't do it in a minute, he'd give you the cube.


Also, I think it's hilarious and ridiculous that they thought a sperm was inappropriate!

Post a Comment