Monday, April 12, 2010

When There's No One Around

I live alone and enjoy it about 95% of the time. This is why.

1. I don't have to share the bathroom with anyone.

2. I don't have to make my bed.

3. I can make blanket forts in my living room and can leave them up as long as I want.

4. I can cut flowers from the yard without asking permission.

5. I can hula-hoop in my living room and not worry about breaking anything.

6. I can drink straight from the carton.

7. I can listen to 90's boy-band music and dance spasmodically in my living room without fear of embarrassment.

8. I have full remote control.

9. I can sit backwards on the couch with my head touching the floor and my feet in the air and pretend I live in an upside down land.

10. I can sing really loudly in the shower, or anywhere for that matter.


In short, always call before visiting. I could be dancing naked in my backyard in homage to the goddess of harvest or playing tag with my cats (they're really terrible at it).

4 comments:

Jeni said...

11. I can wake up in the middle of the night and go eat ice cream, if I so choose, without judgment. :)

This was cute - thanks for sharing :)

Sada said...

I love Upside-Down Land! And I love walking to the bathroom naked. I think that should be #12.

Callie said...

Those are totally #11 and #12. Doing my make-up naked goes in as an appendix to #12. You never have to worry about getting powder on your clothing. TMI?

That Kind Of Girl said...

Oh my gosh, I totally hang out in upside-down land! All the time! My fancy, old-fashioned light fixture makes a lovely statue in the middle of the upside-down floor.

Also, man, now I've got a soul-craving for blanket forts.

Post a Comment