Thursday, February 11, 2010

People I Love

So, I'm taking this opportunity to do a shout out for no other reason than I want to and I can.

First: My funny and talented friend Shannon is the author of a Sweet Valley blog and has recently been approached by not only the publisher for Francine's latest book for a possible review, but has also been mentioned AND linked in Entertainment Weekly for her blog. I just want to take this opportunity to congratulate her again and point people who may not have seen her blog yet, her way. She also has a blog on the Gilmore Girls if that runs more to your taste.

She hasn't updated lately on the SVH blog, as she's finished the high school series and is taking a MUCH needed break before starting back up on the Senior High series, but she will be back soon.

I have to say, even if you aren't into either series her blog is still funny as hell to read, so just do it. Be one of the few who will be able to look back and say, "you know, I knew her before she was on the cover of Publishers Weekly."

Second: NTKOG - I'm shamelessly trying to get myself a fabulous iPod fo' free and am ridiculously impressed with her ability to dance horribly. I myself am a terrible dancer and take much joy in embarrassing myself at family gatherings by wiggling my ass or doing the white man's overbite. I had hoped to find a picture of myself doing those things but have been unable too. It's a shame really, as I know they're out there. So here's my plug, now go out and sign yourself up to win that iPod and stick around to read at least a few of her posts: the girl has serious guts.

I will say that if anyone who wins the iPod was directed to do so from my site I expect some sort of repayment.

Third: Children of the 90's - is also having a bit of a giveaway and since I'm feeling pretty fucking generous today I'll turn you on to that one as well. Feel blessed. Again, if you win through a link of mine I expect some repayment, in the form of Lisa Frank stickers this time. You can totally keep the magic eye book, I never see anything in those damn things.

Fourth: The One with All the Snark - just found this blog and I think it's fabby. At one point I had thought about starting a Friends blog up myself, but I tend to turn things personal without meaning to, so I'd be no good with a structured blog about anything but me. I'm vain and self-centered that way.

Fifth: You guys know I love a good list, I make them a lot, obviously. So in honor of that: List Addicts, who doesn't like structure and organization of thoughts, ideas, goals, and plans? No one that's who. This blog is awesome.


Alright, I think I'm done now. See ya'll tomorrow with my Valentines post.

4 comments:

ShannonSVH said...

Thanks, Doll Face! <3 And just in case anyone's wondering, you can expect recaps to start back up very soon!

I'm really hoping I win the Children of the 90s giveaway because I really want that Pete and Pete DVD set!

That Kind Of Girl said...

Dude, thanks for the blog love! Also, I can guarantee that you're not a tenth as bad at dancing as I am -- whenever catchy music is on, my mother physically restrains me and begs me not to even bop my head. Yikes, right?

Sadako said...

Great list! also, you changed your icon! No more Faye?

Callie said...

Angel Face, I'm can't wait to see the blog update notification!!

Poor TKOG, no one stop me from dancing, but they do seem to go into uncontrollable spasms whenever I get my grove on. I'm sure it's a case of mass seizures.

Sadako - I love Faye, but needed a bit of a change, my new avi works better for me I think. I'm not nearly as awesome as Faye is.

Post a Comment