Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Chronically Happy

This has nothing to do with pot, just so you know.

I have a brand-new pet peeve. People who are either obviously faking their happy or people who seem so disgustingly happy all the time that you know they have to go home and manually unscrew their smile.

I've recently come into contact with a woman who is so perky, so peppy, so happy that she makes me look like Tim Burton. That's saying something people. I'm a naturally good tempered person. I smile through about 80% of my day, have a very pleasant "office personality" and try to not let my foul moods show up on my face when they occur.

I am, however, human. Sometimes I can't muster up the energy to get my smile to my eyes or force a cheerful "hello" yell down the hallway to people as they pass. I leave people alone if they're outside of my designated zone of greeting. I pass people on the sidewalk and feel no need to greet each one with a cheerful hello.

This woman is obviously not human. Her smile is permaglued big and broad to her face, her voice is always booming, and if she passes within 100 yards of a living being she absolutely must know how you are doing and what you think of the weather.

I can't help it, seeing her smile makes mine go visibly dimmer.

0 comments:

Post a Comment