Thursday, October 1, 2009

It's Fucking October!!!!!!!!!!

Finally! Finally! Finally! I have a deep and abiding love for October, the weather, the cider, the leaves changing, but mostly it's Halloween bitches!

I love Halloween. I have no way to form coherent sentences about how fantastic, amazing, and fabby I think it is.

As I told a group of friends recently:

Halloween is by far the most fun holiday, you get to put horrible, repulsive things out all over your yard and your house, talk about severed body parts and blood without being judged, watch terrible movies, get sick on candy, AND dress like a dirty pirate hooker.

I get most excited about pumpkin carving. I'm slightly obsessed with it. I've done it every year since I've been on my own. Mom was never a big one for the mess it caused so we always just drew faces on pumpkins instead (which totally sucked 'cause I can't draw a straight line to save my life).

The first couple of years were rough, I didn't do very detailed work and usually ended up cutting my pumpkin to shreds. I've gotten MUCH better since I moved into my own house and bought a lot of practice pumpkins.

I'll probably update later with pictures of previous years because I'm way too proud of them.

Happy October everyone!

2 comments:

Shannon said...

Yay, October!!! It's not nearly as fun where I am as it is for you. I would love to feel that chill in the air for just one month.

Please, please post pictures of your pumpkins!

Callie said...

It's really wonderful. It's been abnormally cold here all through August and October has been downright chilly. I love it. It's so crisp and every breath you take feels like Fall. ♥

Post a Comment