Monday, January 25, 2010

The Best Laid Plans

It's officially the new year and we're almost a month into it. What am I going to do with my year, this fresh new thing that's just beginning.

Honestly, I probably won't do a whole lot. I've never been one of those people who has a "to do" list for certain ages. I've never assigned ages to any of my goals. Which may be why I still haven't manged to meet them. Something to think about I suppose.

I've got a few irons in the fire and a few things I'd like to get done, improvements I'd like to make. I'll be 25 in just 2 months, that's a big number, an important number.

So here are a few of the things that, if I don't do this year I may never to do.

I want to travel overseas. My sister is in Europe right now living the high life with a bunch of French guys. I'm super fucking jealous/proud. She's taking chances and really experiencing life. I want to visit her and take a trip to Ireland.

I want to get re-involved with my community. My move here (almost) three years ago has killed my drive, my desire to help. I'd like to get it back and now is as good a time as any.

Cut my hair at some point this year. Seriously, I haven't been to a hairdresser since, like August. My hair is getting out of control.

4 comments:

Helen said...

I'm 3 months from 25 and it scares me!

It's a good list, good luck!

Shannon SVH said...

Oh, I hope you get to go to Ireland. Take tons and tons of pictures when you do!

Sadako said...

Those all sound like great ideas!

Callie said...

Thanks! I just got back from a State of the City Address by the mayor and I'm all revved up to start volunteering again. Now I just have to keep pumped for the year. Every year gets better and better.

Post a Comment